A New Chapter

Hi Readers! I am so excited to be back and blogging about all that has happened in the past year.

I planned the wedding of my dreams, I married the man I love, and we are expecting our first child in January. Woah... take a minute to let that all sink in!

Now that I have started a new chapter in my life, I can't wait to share all of my ideas, thoughts, and dreams with you.

I really wanted to focus today's post on wedding planning tips. There is so much that I learned while planning my wedding and I would love to pass on some of that wisdom to all of my beautiful readers. So here we go...

1. Plan ahead! I had a year to plan for my wedding and the most stressful of that time was the two months before the date. Although I had completed the majority of the planning, I was finishing last minute wedding details AND getting our home live in ready. I wish I had planned all of the wedding details ahead of time so that I could really focus on remodeling and decorating our home.

2. Accept that things may go wrong! There are so many small details to planning a wedding that it is inevitable for something to go wrong. For me, my aisle runner was completely different from what I wanted, the flowers on each dinner plate were not properly placed, and my photographer didn't take enough pictures of my bridal party. Now here is the great thing about small things going wrong, no one notices but you. The best thing to do is to not let those small details ruin your big day.

3. Take it all in! Take a step back during your wedding and look at all that is going on around you. The flowers, the cake, and the people you love. The night passes by in a blur and your going to want to remember it all.

4. Hand off the important duties to someone that you trust! I was lucky enough to have a day of wedding coordinator that worked at my reception venue. She knew all of the details and made sure that they were executed properly. If you don't have a wedding coordinator then make sure a close friend or family member knows all of the important details of the wedding. They can be the go to person so you don't have to worry about anything on your big day.

That is all for now readers. Happy Planning!


Comments

Popular Posts