Style vs Theme

I use the word 'theme' often in my blog and I want to make sure that my readers know exactly what I am talking about. I think some people might get the wrong idea of this word so let me define the word in the context in which I am using it. When I say wedding/engagement theme I don't mean Hawaiian luau or a Fiesta with a Pinata... what I mean is wedding/engagement style.  These styles include modern, vintage, outdoor, beach, rustic, vineyard, summer, spring, winter, fall. So for all the brides who are planning their own weddings be warned that theme weddings can become tacky and childish... take my advice and avoid this all together.

Check out tackyweddings.com for a list of things to avoid!!!!!!

Instead of going with a silly theme, incorporate elements that represent who you are and what you love to do as a couple!

Comments

Popular Posts