Winnie The Pooh Teething Party

In my Armenian culture when a baby get their first tooth we celebrate by throwing a teething party called an Atamhatik. During the teething party the baby is sprinkled over the head with cooked wheat for good luck and an easy time teething. Then there is multiple items placed in front of the baby and each item symbolizes their future career. Whatever the baby picks up first is what they will be in the future. For example a gavel for a lawyer, a pen for a writer, a stethoscope for a doctor, etc. The remaining wheat is served on a table along with other sweet treats like chocolate for eating. I decided to go with a Winnie the Pooh theme for my Son's first tooth party because I adore so many of the quotes from that story. My Son sprouted his teeth fairly early at 4 months old but I decided to wait until he was about 8 months old to host the party.

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"- Winnie the Pooh
















Comments

Popular Posts